Friday, May 28, 2010

I wept

I’m still weeping. Not because I sat across from the mesmeric Marina Abramovic at the Moma. But because I sat through the new Sex In The City. Let’s talk about being just the teensiest, weensiest bit long in the tooth, shall we. Even the camels looked younger. I mean, at least, their foreheads moved. And they had those gorgeous, soulful eyes and the lashes and big lips. Honestly, tho. Somebody should talk to these “girls” about acting their age. Or maybe just about acting. Period.  Parker looked like Jack Lalane in drag. (very expensive drag.) Then of course, there were her TWO Equinox sized walk in closets. And the TWO apartments. One for sharing with Big, the other for “writing.” Excuse me… But was her head stuck in the sand, buried beneath the dune I saw before I stood up and left during the depression/recession or what? As for the concept of a P.R. junket to the Mideast. Oh My God. Help me! Giggling over jokes in the souk like “Wow! It’s Beduoin, bath, and beyond.” Or how bout this? “Ohhh! Look. It’s Lawrence of my Labia.” They should have been fucking stoned to death. All of them. And believe me, I ain’t no fan of Mideastern men or their andiluvian attitude/behaviour towards women.  They should be stoned to death, too. But this was just plain obscene. The WASTE, the atrocious waste.

Have a great weekend, guys. I’m headed out to bury my head in the sand.

Posted by Brenda in 21:19:48
Comments

7 Responses to “I wept”

1. Uncle Vinny says:

The more I hear about this crazy movie, the more the sheer awfulness actually sounds kinda fun. I dunno if your blog will let me post a link, but I’ll try:

2. Brenda says:

That’s why I went, Vinnie. Because I LOVE sheer awfulness. But for some reason, this didn’t work.I didn’t laugh once. No, wait. There was one scene when a cute little 6 year old plays with a white swan. I laughed because in real life when she stuck her fingers out to pet the wings, she’d have ended up with all of her digits and half of her face missing. I mean, swans are fucking vicious.

3. Ken says:

When we were first married, we lived in a seaside cottage. We had swans in our backyard. They are fucking vicious.

I’m not in the SATC demo. Not a woman. Not gay. I tried watching an episode once when it was on HBO. I bailed after 20 minutes. I could not engage with those characters at all. I’m glad my wife never got into it.

4. Bruce B says:

I think The Onion has it spot on:

The OnionFBI Uncovers Plot To ‘Sex And The City 2′

(Hope I got the formatting right for the link…).

5. Brenda says:

have always dreamed of writing for the Onion, Bruce. And yeah. This is yet another one that is spot on. Thanks for the link!

6. scribbler50 says:

So this was a four handkerchief movie but for all the wrong reasons, huh? Not to sound as catty as them but I loved your camel references… vintage Brenda.

7. June R. says:

The old hags should be in the house with bags over their heads. Thanks for speaking out!